Another month goes by and now it's time for our #sassybooks post of the month. I run this book club with Charlotte from Colours and Carousels. Every month we pick a book and invite people to read it alongside us. This month we decided it would be fun if everyone reread the first Harry Potter book: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (or Sorcerer's Stone for all you Americans). And there may even be some people who may be reading it for the first time. How I wish that I could go back and read Harry Potter again as a new book!
|I had meant to include a proper photo of a copy of The Philospher's Stone but I went home and left my camera by accident. This one is from an old blog post.|
Can I just say how amazing it has been to totally delve back into the world of Harry Potter. I couldn't just reread the first book, I'm now rereading the whole series. I'm currently working on Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I hope to get them all finished before I head off to Canada. JK Rowling has a beautiful writing style and she really brings the magic to life. I think the first book is one of the best as you discover the magic of the wizarding world alongside Harry. This book is also where a lot of new friendships/relationships arise and that is so lovely to watch.
- When the wizard gets excited in The Leaky Cauldron because Harry remembers him.
- Harry's first experience of Diagon Alley.
- When Molly Weasley helps Harry onto the platform without knowing anything about him.
- The descriptions of Hogwarts at Halloween.
- When Harry and Ron become friends with Hermione after the troll attack, without any of them really saying anything about it.
- The Weasley jumpers.
- Norbert's hatching.
- "Mars is bright tonight".
- Ron's sacrifice on the chess board.
- Hagrid's photoalbum.
We hope you have enjoyed rereading Harry Potter with us. We're taking a break next month as we both have travels and I have exams. Keep an eye out on the #sassybooks hashtag to find out information for June, closer to the end of May.