Hello everyone! With the clock change coming up at the end of the month, we'll all be a bit out of sorts for a few days. But if there's one thing that I'm good at, its getting a lot of sleep! So I thought I'd do a quick little blog post with some of my best tips for catching some zzzs.
- Try keeping your bedroom a little cooler. Your body temperature naturally lowers as you sleep so sleeping in a colder room will help you fall asleep easier, and have a better night's sleep. Trust me, this works! Whilst the temptation to be really snuggled up and cosy is there, it won't help you in the long run!
- Avoid using screens before bed. I always try to read for at least 15 minutes each night before I go to sleep(although I'll take longer if I can). I've always found that reading on paper tires me out a lot more than reading on a screen. And it helps you switch off. Perfect.
- Take your make up off as soon you come home. I always cleanse my face either when I'm in the shower or just when I know I'm not going back out again. There's nothing worse than getting comfy in bed and then realising you still have your make up on! And its really not good for your skin if you do fall asleep with your make up on!
- Try not to sleep too late at the weekends. Whilst its nice to have a wee lie in, sleeping until midday will totally mess up your sleep schedule. I never really sleep past nine, even on my days off.
- Take a warm bath before bed. As I've already said, your body temperature drops slightly before you go to sleep. So when you go for a warm bath and get out, your body temperature drops and you subconsciously start to feel tired.
- Get regular exercise. If you get a little bit of extra exercise each day then you'll really feel the benefit of it when you go to bed. I always have a great nights sleep if I've done a lot of exercise that day, especially if I've gone swimming.
What are your best tips for having a good night's sleep?