Hello everyone! It's summer time now and showering your dog is not only great for keeping them clean but is good to cool them down. We seem to have gotten showering Batdog down so I thought I'd share some tips on showering your dog.
- Create a direct route out of the house. Before we shower Batdog we'll go round the house and shut all the doors apart from the door to the garden. Then when he gets out of the shower he has no where else to go except outside.
- Buy a shampoo specifically for dogs. This may seem like a no brainer but when we first got Sam he got horrendously muddy on his first walk so we thought we could shower him using human shampoo and he'd be alright. Wrong. He got dandruff.
- Keep the temperature and the pressure low. Whilst we love long hot showers, dogs don't. Their skin isn't used to it so you should keep it at least lukewarm.
- Depending on whether your dog likes the shower or not, you might want to get in with them. This way you can shut the door and keep them inside. Sam quite likes the shower so we don't do this but we did the first couple of times when we were unsure as to how he'd react.
- Towel dry your dog whilst they're still in the shower. As soon as your dog gets out the shower it's going to shake. So towel dry them a bit before letting them out to reduce the damage. You can then finish them off properly outside or leave them to dry off naturally.
And there you have it. Those are my tips for showering your dog, good luck!