Hello everyone! I think it can be said that hayfever season is well and truly upon us. The last few days I've been getting some real bother with it. I've had hayfever for as long as I can remember and my dad has it really bad as well. Most people only get bothered with one sort of pollen and I'm pretty sure it's grass pollen I'm allergic to. I thought it would be a good idea to share some of my best tips for dealing with hayfever.
- Brush cats and dogs before they come indoors. I don't do this every time but if Sam's been out on a long walk then I will.
- Avoid leaving windows open if it's very windy.
- Wash your hands when you come indoors.
- If you wear contacts then wear your glasses instead. They help shield your eyes from pollen. Wear sunglasses if you don't actually need glasses. Outside, obviously.
- Eat your breakfast and then take an antihistame tablet as soon as you wake up.
- Check the pollen count for your area. If it's high then try to stay indoors. It will be the worst earliest in the mornings.
- Take a shower every morning and every night. It sounds so laborious but this helps me so much!
- Spend the extra cash on the tissues with the balsam in them. Totally worth it.
What are your tips for dealing with hayfever?