Hello everyone! I had some bananas lying around that had gone a little bit too brown so I decided to make some banana bread. Then I realised that I've never actually shared it on here. This is my gran's recipe and it's one of the things that I think of when I hear 'family recipe'. It's so tasty and easy to make. It only takes about 10 minutes to mix up and then you can leave it in the oven for an hour whilst cleaning up(boo) and getting on with other things.
8oz self raising flour
4oz unsalted butter(softened)
4oz caster sugar
4 tablespoons of milk
1 large egg
1. Preheat oven to gas mark 4 and grease a loaf tin.
2. Rub the butter into the self raising flour.
3. Add 4oz of sugar and mix to combine.
4. Mix the egg, milk and banana in a separate bowl.
5. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and stir gently, do not over mix.
6. Pour into the loaf tin and place in the oven.
7. Cook for an hour or until a skewer comes out the middle of the loaf clean.
8. Wait until cooled, slice and enjoy!