Hello everyone. I'm sure you know I'm a big fan of cinnamon swirls, I talk about them a lot. I thought I'd actually blogged this recipe before but then when searching for it because I'd packed my recipe book, I discovered I hadn't. Do any other bloggers just refer to their own blogs to find their recipes?! So here it is! Sorry about the bad lighting, but this was a 9pm bake!
1 packet puff pastry
100g of butter, melted
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
Roughly 100g of sugar
1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat your oven to gas mark 4 and then roll out the pastry until it is about 4mm thick. Try and keep it as square as possible.
2. Mix the cinnamon and nutmeg into the melted butter. Then add sugar bit by bit until you get a thick consistency.
3. Then spread out the mixture onto the pastry.
4. Roll the pastry up into a big roll.
5. Cut about 1/2 inch slices and place onto a greased baking tray. I'd recommend using greaseproof baking paper as the mixture gets very messy whilst cooking!
6. Brush the tops and sides with some egg. I actually forgot to do this oops. But this will give a nice golden and crispy edge.
7. Cook for around 20-25 minutes or until they look golden brown.
8. Let them cool for a bit, the sugar mixture will be very hot!
This batch made 16 cinnamon rolls because I froze the ones that didn't fit on the tray. If you're making them for a small amount of people then why not freeze some. Put one or two in some freezer bags for a nice breakfast treat. Take them out of the oven the night before, leave on a tray in the oven overnight and then just turn the oven on in the morning. So easy!