I wrote a blog post back on the 1st of January this year called 13 Things for 2013. It was all about new year's resolutions and I thought it would be nice to go back through them all and see what I completed and what I didn't!
1. Spank the ass off my highers. I don't think you can get more successful than straight As! I'm so, so proud of myself for the ammount of effort and time I put into my exams this year. Looking back I don't know how I actually managed to fit in 20 hours of revision a week whilst working 10 hours a week and running this blog, having a social life etc but I did it and it was totally worth it.
2. Cut down on fizzy juice. I'm a little bit undecided whether I regard this one to be a success of not. On one hand I've stopped drinking things like Coke or Pepsi just because they're there because I've never been too keen on them. But I still drink Irn Bru about 2 or 3 times a week. Hmmmm.
3. Fill a jar with good memories. I did try to do this but by the end of January I'd given up. I meant to go out and buy a nice mason jar and decorate it. But you know how it is, you get busy and things get prioritised over others etc etc etc. So no this one was a failure. However, I did have about 4 entries and I thought this one was quite cute.
4. Do more outfit posts. For this one I wanted to do at least one OOTD a month. I'm happy to say that I've done this and I now even do OOTDs several times a month, wooo!
5. Eat more vegetables. This kind of happened. I don't know, maybe?
6. Keep a diary for a year. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Why do I even think that I'm going to do this? I did it for about two weeks. Reading it back now is horrendously cringey!
7. Change my blog. I have tweaked my blog up quite a bit since the start of the year. I got my lovely illustration for my side bar image, added some new things to my sidebar, created a blog roll and added some social media buttons. I'm also getting a new header soon so expect that over the next couple of weeks too. Tick!
8. Go on a date with Stuart once a month. I didn't really keep track of this as tightly but we have gone out a lot more than we usually did so I guess you could say it was a success!
9. Carry on exercising. Oops.
10. Cook more meals from scratch. I've gotten quite creative with my meals this year but I would like to that little bit further and use my recipe books more often!
11. Hit 750 followers. Pretty happy to say that I've more than managed this one. I've got over 1000 on BlogLovin'!
12. Grow my hair. There have been times where I've wanted to cut all my hair off but I've managed to avoid the temptation! I wanted to grow my hair long for prom but now that I've started looking at dresses I think I want something with a detailed back so I think my hair will end up in an up do. Oh well!
13. Worry less. I'm happy to say that I've gotten a bit more relaxed this year. I've learnt that sometimes I need to put myself before others and adopt a 'fuck you' attitude because sometimes it just needs to be done!
I think it's kind off half and half but to be honest I'm really happy with how this year has gone. I'm a little bit apprehensive about 2014 because a lot of big things are going to happen, I'm sure it will be an awfully big adventure. I'm not going to do new year's resolutions this year because honestly I think I need to stop talking about doing things and actually get them done! I hope you have a great new year!
Follow me on Twitter | Follow me on instagram: whathayleydidtoday | Follow me on BlogLovin