1. Get outside. Take your dog a walk. Or if you don't have a dog I'm sure you have a friend/neighbour who has a dog and would be game for you walking them. Wrap up, get outside and appreciate where you live. I absolutely love the feeling of breathing in really cold air. A bit of fresh air really do you to world of good.
2. Radiator pants. You do it. Don't deny it. I personally am a fan of a whole radiator outfit. Leave your outfit for the next day on the radiator overnight and when you wake up in the morning you'll be toasty when you're getting dressed. This makes me happy just thinking about it.
3. Read a book. Turn off your phone. Turn off the TV. Turn off your computer. Run a nice deep bath at the perfect temperature. Why not add some bubble bath or a bath bomb for good measure. Light some candles and select a new book to read. Then get in the bath and lose yourself for a good wee while.
4. Treat yourself to a takeaway. Now I don't know about you but I like to eat. And lets not lie here, I'm a big fan of a takeaways. Winter makes me want to hibernate like nothing else. Order yourself a Chinese/pizza or whatever tickles your fancy and enjoy it. Or get your friends over and make a night of it.
5. Make the most of the daylight hours. Have an early night and you'll wake up earlier the next morning meaning you have more time to appreciate the light. Go on an extra long walk with your dog or take those blog photos you've been meaning to take all week.
6. Fairylights. Fairylights make everything better. Everything.
7. Make the most of seasonal fruit and veg. Everything tastes so much better when it's in season. And even though we don't get really nice strawberries doesn't mean that there isn't good food out there in winter. I've done a bit of googling and found this list of what's in season. I personally love Clementines and kiwis.
8. Visit your nearest Christmas market. I'm not one for Christmas movies or adverts or anything like that but I do love a Christmas market. One of my favourite things to do is get the train into Edinburgh and spend a good hour walking around the stalls and seeing all the pretty gifts. I absolutely love the smell of a Christmas market too. If someone made a Christmas market scented candle I would totally buy it.
9. Go get a festive drink with a friend. Starbucks and Costa always break out their best drinks at this time of year because they know that they'll be busy with a tonne of Christmas shoppers. So head down and spend a while scouring their menu and pick what sounds nicest. I've got my eye on the Costa warm apple drink. It looks delicious.
10. Be thankful for what you have. As cheesy as it sounds. Just the fact that you're sitting reading this on the internet makes you so much better off than half of the people in the world. Whilst you might not like the cold weather imagine what it would be like if you were homeless. And all the disasters that are happening at the moment. With the Philippines still recovering from their typhoon and the helicopter crash that happened in Glasgow on Friday night I think we all need to be grateful that it wasn't us. I recently read this post about giving back as a blogger and it's just gotten me thinking about how grateful I am for this blog and all the amazing opportunities it's given me.
How do you beat the winter blues?